200g Bourneville chocolate
4 medium eggs
250g caster sugar
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
30g cocoa powder
80g dried cranberries
100g walnut pieces
Christmas Chocolate Brownie Cake
Bake 40-45 minutes
Try this indulgent festive chocolate brownie cake as an alternative to a traditional Christmas fruit cake.
1. Heat your oven to 180°C. Line a 23cm/9 inch round spring form tin.
2. Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl with the butter. Gently melt over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool slightly.
3. Whisk the eggs and caster sugar together until the mixture is pale and thick enough to hold a trail when the beaters are removed.
4. Fold the chocolate mixture into the whisked egg mixture. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa over the mixture and gently fold in. Finally add the cranberries and walnuts and stir. Pour into the prepared tin.
5. Bake for 40 -45 minutes until the cake has a nice crust but slightly soft in the middle. Leave to cool.
6. Decorate with chocolate leaves and dried cranberries. Dust with a little icing sugar.
Like this? Paul thinks you’ll LOVE this too...
A Genoise is a particularly light and delicate kind of sponge, traditionally served with fresh fruit and cream – ideal for tea on a summer’s day. This is may favourite way to prepare it and serve it.Read more...