- 130g self-raising flour
- 100g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 100g soft dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 80ml sunflower oil
- 80ml milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 large eating apple, peeled, cored and chopped into ½cm dice
- 75g dates, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 50g toffee, bashed into small pieces
For the toffee sauce
- 100g butter
- 150g soft dark brown sugar
- 150ml double cream
- extra butter for greasing the pudding moulds
Sticky Toffee Apple Puddings
Bake 20-25 minutes
Delicious individual puddings that are perfect for warming you up on a chilly evening.
1. Butter six individual pudding moulds and dust with flour.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
3. In a bowl mix the flours, sugar, baking flour and mixed spice.
4. Beat together the oil, milk and eggs. Pour this onto the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Finally fold in the apples, dates and toffee pieces.
4. Pour into the prepared moulds.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Test they are cooked through by inserting a skewer. It should come out clean.
6. Make the sauce by melting together the butter, sugar and cream. Bring to the boil and cook until the sauce coats the back of the spoon, around 3-4 minutes.
7. To serve, de-mould the puddings and pour over the toffee sauce. Eat with ice cream or pouring cream.
Like this? Paul thinks you’ll LOVE this too...
This takes the classic bread and butter pud idea and raises it to new heights.Read more...